Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Parade of Homes

I found my dream home this past weekend while in the Twin Cities.

My boy and I drove past it and before we even realized it was a Parade of Homes home, I was pointing out the window, poking him in the arm, and obstructing his vision while gasping, "Oh my gosh! Look at that! It's my dream home!"

So, imagine my surprise when we discovered it was on our list of must-see homes.

I walked in and honestly...I got a little week in the knees.

Floor to ceiling windows overlooking Lake Minnetonka, vaulted ceilings, dark-dark-DARK stained hardwood floors and walls painted in a warm white...

It was glorious.

It was my New England style home with a wide-open airy feeling, stark contrasts and windows upon windows upon windows. It had a four seasons porch (yesssss), a room that would make the PERFECT library, a glorious kitchen with black granite counter tops, a massive garage (which my boy apparently thinks he would need) and...get this...a flippin' basketball court. A BASKETBALL COURT! I don't need a basketball court, but it could easily be turned into a massive home theater. And we'd need to re-do the basement because it wasn't utilized quite as efficiently as it could have been. But other than that? It was GLORIOUS. Seriously. I haven't stopped talking about it since I got home.

But the very best part that made me majorly fall in love with this place?

NO WOOD. Okay, it had wood, but the wood didn't look like wood because of the dark stain. And this is a very good thing indeed because I HATE wood. I hate it. I don't know why, I just do. I think it's the ugliest, most horrid looking thing anyone can put in a house ever. EVER. But you can't really get by without having wood in a home so...you just disguise the wood to not look so woodish....It's BRILLIANT.

*sigh*

I even mentioned to my boy that if homes were things you could make out with, I'd be sucking face with this one.

Ahem.

If I had 2.6 Million Dollars, I'd be moving in tomorrow.

1 comment:

Loralee Choate said...

"if homes were things you could make out with, I'd be sucking face with this one."

I didn't think it was possible to adore you more than I do, but this line has secured my affections.