Tuesday, March 27, 2007

New Leaf

After the past few weeks of feeling emotionally, mentally and spiritually drained, and after one too many afternoons of lamenting the situations that make up my life... I have made a decision to turn over a new leaf.

As I was sitting in this little coffin of a room, tap-tap-tapping away on my computer, obsessing over things that I can neither control nor fix, lamenting the sad, sad situation which is my job search, wondering if I will be left to rot in this hellish little town with six cats and the charming little title of "Old Aunt Sue" or "Crazy Cat Lady"... it occurred to me.

I complain and whine and get frustrated and feel sorry for myself and obsess and worry and try to please other people WAY TOO MUCH. I mean...seriously...get over myself...who do I think I am?

SO...here's the new plan...each day I have to list five things which I am thankful for or tell five good things about my day. I'm going to practice being positive. And I'm hoping...having a thankful heart will help me to see things rightly and I will be able to pull myself out of this rut I currently find myself in.

Here goes.

1. Today, it is BEAUTIFULLY sunny and warm and just plain gorgeous. It is awesome.

2. Today, I received six job offers. Okay, I didn't, but a little positive confession never killed anyone. But I AM thankful that I currently HAVE a job where I can pay all of my bills.

3. I have awesome friends, family, boy and coworkers. Awesome. Oh...and awesome blog buddies too. And they never, ever irritate me or make me want to smack them or shove their faces in. (Another positive confession there in case you couldn't tell.)

4. I am not sick. Not anywhere. No aches, no pains, no 24 hour flu bug, no sniffles, nothing. Go Vitamin C.

5. I have a birthday coming up. It's a birthday. I'm supposed to celebrate it. So, I'm going to.

Know what's funny? That was actually a little bit painful. It's so much easier to whine, complain and moan. But no. I'm going to work on that. Seriously. I'm going to be so positive, I'm going to be like your own personal Pollyanna. It's going to irritate the crud out of you people.

4 comments:

Joel said...

BRING IT!

Anonymous said...

Does this mean you're going to ENJOY your birthday??

Joel said...

she better!

Loralee Choate said...

Does this mean you are going to trade in the Martha Stewart wig for a Haily Mills wig now????

;)

(You may want to rethink that whole "Blogging friends that you never want to shove the faces in of" statement at this juncture.

Wait...This may do the trick:

GO, MITT ROMNEY!

Grin.

Love your guts and Happy Birthday.