Sunday, March 25, 2007

If you want a happy blog post, this one is not for you

I have a birthday next month.

I'm not disclosing the date because I've decided to forego the activities.

Birthdays are highly overrated. They're merely inconsequential days where you get to contemplate the fact that you are another year older (but not really wiser because if you were any wiser you would have kept your mouth shut about your birth date approaching.) The most depressing thing is that you get to do it again next year, only you'll be even OLDER than the year before and no matter how much you want to stop it, you can't. So, you just get older and older and older...until...you know....you don't get older anymore.

Wow. I had no idea I had such depressing ideas about the whole thing. But every birthday just reminds me that I'm no longer a "kid", I have to get on with "real life" and despite my protesting, things are in a constant state of change no matter how much I may want them to stay the same. Apparently, I've become hugely fatalistic over the past few months. But seriously...the whole cycle strikes me as a little morbid.

1 comment:

Loralee Choate said...

I wish I had a more realistic attitude about my birthday. I tend to want to turn it into a national holiday.