Tuesday, April 3, 2007

25 List

Okay, since I haven't posted my "list" for what, like, five days now?...I figure I have a lot of catching up to do. So, here is my list of 25 things I am thankful for.

1. Birthdays.
2. Cards from friends with pictures of me on the toilet. No, not a "real" me, a "fake" me. If my friends had pictures of me on the toilet, that would take our friendships to a whole new level of weird...and they're weird enough.
3. New Bibles with THUMB INDEXES. I've wanted a Thumb Index Bible since I was like...five. I don't really need a thumb index...but they're just so cool. They make me feel special.
4. People like Sean and Loni who point out when I've failed miserably at my attempts at being thankful. Seriously. I was wondering if anyone would notice that.
5. Boys who take me on birthday weekends to Duluth and buy me things like Air Purifiers and Jewelry.
6. People like Sharon who want me to post again
7. Moms. Because they go out of their way to make life easier, happier and gooder. And besides, they just rock. That's what they're there for.
8. Coworkers who buy me lunch for my birthday. Even though I think it's part of a conspiracy to make me fat.
9. Snow. Yeah, I know, I don't like snow either...but the more snow we get now, the less chance we have of having forest fires this summer and burning down the entire town.
10. Pop...and coffee.
11. New running shoes that I swear I will start using once the snow melts. I have to burn off the pop and coffee somehow.
12. Flowers sent to my work place from afore mentioned boy.
13. Springtime...despite it's absolute opposition to showing it's shining face anytime soon.
14. Customers that willingly offer compliments.
15. Reaching the age of 24...I mean, 19...without having done irreversible damage to my life, my future, or my health due to irresponsible decisions.
16. Easter.
17. Awesome siblings who never forget my birthday and always send something special for it.
18. A brother-in-law who likes me enough to leave creepy phone messages as "Phil" telling me how much he misses me and our walks in the park. I know, it's weird, but it made me laugh.
19. Boat Neck Tees.
20. People that make me laugh. And not laugh as in, "I feel sorry for you," but laugh as in, "Whoa, hey, ho, that was funny!"
21. Chicken strips with barbecue sauce.
22. Ice cream cake.
23. Weird people. Because they make life more interesting.
24. Sunshine.
25. Packaging tape and permanent markers. Don't ask. Just accept it and move on.

That's all I have for now. Now you'll have to excuse me before I begin to gush.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excuse me, but why were other people mentioned by name, but not me??? I'm hurt. I take back my wonderful card with the picture of you sitting on the toilet.

Froyd said...

maybe it's just me, but have you noticed that thumb index bibles are always too small for your thumb?

Sue said...

Sean...are you saying my thumbs are FAT?! ARE YOU?! Sharon, thank you for thinking my thumbs are tiny. And Tracy, don't be a spazz.

Sue said...

And besides, I didn't mention half the people on my post by name, so just simma dawn nah.

Loralee Choate said...

You could write a tumb-diet book and make millions, Sue.

I'm sorry my diabolical plan has been put off, I've been sick as a dog. Now that I am starting to feel better I have been giving it more though.

Bwah ha ha ha